Member in the different Government committees
- Organization representative is member of the “Central Monitoring Committee” of Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment (Government of India) for Implementation of manual scavenging act 2013.
- Organization representative was member in the “Task Force for survey of manual scavengers” (Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India).
- Organization representative was member in the “Committee on Amendment to Employment of Manual Scavengers and Construction of Dry Latrines (Prohibition) Act, 1993.” (Ministry of Housing & Urban Poverty Alleviation, Government of India).
- Organization representative was member of the “Committee for Recommending Modalities for Conducting a Survey of Manual Scavengers and their dependents, in the light of Census, 2011 and Socio-Economic and Caste Census, Current Underway” (Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment and Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation Government of India).
- Organization representative is member of the “District Child Welfare Committee” (Government of Madhya Pradesh).
Award received by the organization
- Jan Sahas received ‘M.A. Thomas National Human Rights Award 2012’
- Secretary of Jan Sahas received Social Breviary Award 2013 by SONY TV
- Secretary of Jan Sahas received Jio Dil Se Award 2014
- Nominated for the Human Rights Tulip Award 2014, Netherlands
- Received Star Impact Award 2014, United Kingdom by the president Bill Clinton (42nd President of United State of America)
- Received Times of India Social Impact Award, 2015 in Empowerment category