Jan Sahas is thankful to all the officers and frontline staff for their support during the COVID-19 crisis. We are closely working with the Police, health department and district administration, in various location and till now we have distributed 4,694 safety kits for frontline staff. Our relief and emergency support activities are ongoing in Delhi-NCR, Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan, Maharashtra, Bihar, Chattisgarh, Tamil Nadu, Telangana and Karnataka. So far we have supported more than 30,000 families with safety kits, ration and food supplies.
Jan Sahas COVID-19 Response
- Ration support:Jan Sahas has provided immediate support to the community in the form of supply of food items (dry ration kits)support 27837 families (148335 Individuals) in 47 districts of 10 states. We were focused on most venerable social groups like migrant workers, signal women, women headed households, families of malnourished children, liberated manual scavengers, victims of trafficking and survivors of rape/violence.
- Mobile balance and cash transfer support:We have provided mobile balance and cash transfer support 7199 Individuals in 98 districts of 18 states.
- Safety Kit distribution: Jan Sahas has provided 10,768 Safety kits to these communities. We have ensured that appropriate government guidelines are followed, personal safety measures are taken and physical distancing norms are adhered to.
- Supply of Personal Protective Kit to front-line workers: To protect the front-line workers (sanitation workers, ICDS Workers, Police, etc) we have provided 4,694 Personal Protective kits to them.
- Helpline:As of now we have received 26,427 calls for help on our both helplines (source and Destination). A response team of 28 members are working 24*7 to provide assistance in all possible manner to the communities.
- Mental Health support: Jan Sahas is providing psychosocial support on call through our helplines for survivors in distress. We have provided support to 684 individuals.
- Support in violence against women and girls’ cases: Jan Sahas is running a national 24×7 helpline for the survivors of violence to receive on-call guidance, counselling and emergency rescue support in addition to attending to their immediate needs including mental health support through concealing sessions. During the last one-month Jan Sahas has provided support to 745 survivors.
Social Development Society
Jan Sahas is committed to promote the development and protect the rights of socially excluded communities with the special focus on girls and women through eradication of all forms of bondage including manual scavenging and caste based prostitution; empowerment of adolescent girls and women to end violence and gender justice, skill development for dignified livelihoods and social entrepreneurship; legal aid for access to justice and reform in criminal justice system; support in education; food and nutrition security; land and agriculture development; develop barefoot lawyers to build victim or survivors as leader and empowerment of communities though capacity and organization building.
Jan Sahas Helpline for Girls and Women
If you face any kind of violence call us -
1800 3000 2852
Awards and Recognition
- Jan Sahas received ‘M.A. Thomas National Human Rights Award 2012.
- Secretary of Jan Sahas received Social Breviary Award 2013 by SONY TV.
- Secretary of Jan Sahas received Jio Dil Se Award 2014.
- Nominated for the Human Rights Tulip Award 2014, Netherlands.
- Received Star Impact Award 2014, United Kingdom by the president Bill Clinton (42nd President of United State of America).
- Received Times of India Social Impact Award, 2015 in Empowerment category.