Social Development Society
Jan Sahas is committed to promote the development and protect the rights of socially excluded communities with the special focus on girls and women through eradication of all forms of bondage including manual scavenging and caste based prostitution; empowerment of adolescent girls and women to end violence and gender justice, skill development for dignified livelihoods and social entrepreneurship; legal aid for access to justice and reform in criminal justice system; support in education; food and nutrition security; land and agriculture development; develop barefoot lawyers to build victim or survivors as leader and empowerment of communities though capacity and organization building.
Recent Events and Programs
- Dignity March
- Education Program For Children of Liberated Manual Scavengers
- Nirbhaya Campaign
- Campaign for Land Rights And Development
- Maila Mukti Abhiyan
- Kishori Balika Abhiyan
- Dignified Livelihood Initiative
Awards and Recognition
- Jan Sahas received ‘M.A. Thomas National Human Rights Award 2012.
- Secretary of Jan Sahas received Social Breviary Award 2013 by SONY TV.
- Secretary of Jan Sahas received Jio Dil Se Award 2014.
- Nominated for the Human Rights Tulip Award 2014, Netherlands.
- Received Star Impact Award 2014, United Kingdom by the president Bill Clinton (42nd President of United State of America).
- Received Times of India Social Impact Award, 2015 in Empowerment category.